Thundercats started off with a crazy, hour-long series premiere and I was blown away by how good it was! I figured it was going to be good, but wasn't quite sure what to expect. From there, the show kind of molded itself into it's own little formula.
- Thundercats meet new civilization
- Civilization is in peril
- Thundercats kick peril's ass and move on
It wasn't all exactly that way, but for about 5 episodes or so, that was the gist of it.
All of a sudden, they seamlessly steered the show right back on course like I hoped they would. Now I don't look at those 5 formulaic episodes as a bad thing, just life/fighting experience for what's to come for the young Thundercats. They also delved into Lion-O and Tigra's relationship, another thing I was happy about because I was thinking after a while, has Tigra even talked? He's been standing around and not saying shit for most of the series.
This is one of my favourite animated shows on television right now. The story arcs, the characters and the animation is top notch! I would strongly suggest this show to anyone.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment