The Change-Up trailer
I wasn't exactly salivating at the thought of watching The Change-Up, but if I'm going to do a legit Best Movies from 2011 article, then I'm going to have to see the best and mediocre films from the year in order to cultivate an accurate list.
I started watching The Change-Up yesterday and after the first 7 minutes, I decided I would wait and show Annah as it was shaping up to be an outlandish, Van Wilder-esque experience.
My enthusiasm had multiplied after watching the first 7 minutes. The movie starts off great! The problem is that the basis is such a flimsy premise, you're just barley on board for the duration. With 25 minutes left, I asked Annah if she'd mind if I turned it off or skipped to the end. She was barely conscious and didn't really understand what I was saying and more or less passed out on the couch.
This 2-hour comedy would have been so much better if it cut out a good half-hour and it focused more on the absurdity and less on emotion. It seemed like the movie was trying to do too many things at once. Although I have to say, Leslie Mann did some exceptional acting, as well as showing off those wonderful boobs.
I liked Jason Bateman and Ryan Reynolds, but it seemed like their friendship was too forced. I didn't get why the filmmakers tried to make me believe that they are the same age when there's clearly, a close to 10 year age difference between the two. I checked and it's seven years between Bateman and Reynolds. Their life-long friendship comes ups few times in the film, but it doesn't really do much except to help convince a girl to continue on a date with Reynolds' character.
The Change-Up is not a horrible movie, but it's not good either and I would never recommend it to anyone.
Unless I hated you.
No comments:
Post a Comment