Monday, December 26, 2011


Alan Taylor will be the director of Thor 2!

First Marvel Studios decide to part ways with Kenneth Branagh after delivering a successful opening for a character, surprisingly most people weren't aware existed in comics, THOR. I really don't know why people seem to want to give this movie Hell. It's the first installment of a lucrative franchise, spear-headed by Marvel and Branagh. Thor's not as established as Spider-Man was when his first film came out, so I think it was a mistake getting rid of Branagh so early. Especially since I was keen to see him tackle Beta Ray Bill and he seemed excited as well.

Then Marvel Studios takes a look at Monster director, Patty Jenkins. I like her as a director and wonder why she hasn't done a second film. After convincing fanboys she was going to be good for Thor 2, she and Marvel parted ways over "creative differences".

Now it looks like Alan Taylor may be set to direct Thor 2.

I want to know what is up with Marvel Studios and maintaining their professional relationships with the talent. We saw it in the beginning when they stiff-armed Terrence Howard from returning as James Rhodes. It wasn't a big deal, it's just for continuity's sake, it would have been nice to seen him done the War Machine suit for at least one film.

We really saw the writing on the wall when they gave Edward Norton a longtime cold shoulder, followed up with an insulting letter to the public regarding his future, sans Bruce Banner and Marvel.

Then Marvel Studios parted ways with their former golden child, Jon Favreau after a less than successful sequel to Iron Man. To me, that seemed like Marvel dropping the ball more than it did Favreau. The Iron Man director had said in interviews from 2008, he had no idea what Marvel would do with an Iron Man sequel. It took them 3 years from the time Robert Downey, Jr. was named Tony Stark to when the actual film debuted. Then Marvel announced a release date for Iron Man 2 without consulting with anyone, including Favreau! Why would they think they could write a new script, breeze through post production and go into filming in less than a year? I guess that's the reason they got what they got.

I'd say Jon Favreau was the fall guy for Iron Man 2, which is a shame. Although he was saying some weird things about Iron Man 3, talking about possibly making the Mandarin Arab instead of Asian. I just think he was tired and delirious from making Cowboys & Aliens all day.

I say the next one to go is Scarlett Johansson. That bitch was complaining about having to keep in shape for Black Widow. Guess what? It's Hollywood! They pay you to look hot, not look like some flabby bitch with cottage cheese ass. That's roles being filed by Kathy Bates. ;)

I guess what I'm really saying is, good luck Alan Taylor and don't expect to be back for sequels!

To find more of Alan Taylor's work, check out these shows:

No comments:

Post a Comment