Monday, December 26, 2011

I try to keep my expectations for the holidays to the lowest of lows. I figure I'm a twenty-something, who doesn't really deserve anything, so why should I expect anything? Y'know, those type of healthy, self-confident reasonings.

However, I was surprised to receive a $100 gift card from my step-dad, Gary. I figured the best deals would be happening today since it's Boxing Day and I went to one of those.. err--I'm gonna say twice, but not since I was a kid and I remember getting a assload of shit, too.

I was kind of hoping to see some deals again this year (and remember, this is coming from a guy who doesn't expect many things), but it didn't seem to be the case. I go to Wal-Mart maybe once or twice a month for food, cat stuff and/or cheap movies and I notice prices for the next time (sometimes even taking pictures of things as a reminder for later). When I went in today, none of those prices changed. It was just a bunch of signs posted, saying "BOXING DAY BLOWOUT" or "BOXING DAY SALES" and there was nothing about it that screamed "blowout" or "sale" because they were the same goddamn prices as they were the last time I was there and the time before that!

Is this Wal-Mart pulling back from the Boxing Day tradition of low prices? The only things I saw that were sporting low prices were a handful of movies. Everything else in that fucking mega store was the same price as it always was.

I picked up a pair of jeans that I haven't tried on yet, a much needed black belt and some other stuff I needed. The most noteworthy of things are these bad boys:

No comments:

Post a Comment